Wednesday, March 7

Err, Uhh, Yea?

I was just thinking about something in correlation with Fahrenheit 451. In the interview in my edition Ray Bradbury talks about how the events in the book have already taken place. He is right and it is creepy.

How many stupid cars have TVs in them? Or worse, how many TVs can people put into stupid cars. What about when people put TVs in the head rest of the last row, what type of distraction does that give to the driver behind the person.

I thought that all of our new fangled technology was supposed to be making life safer and easier to live. Not more obnoxious and dangerous. If I ever become a journalist or even better, an influential journalist, I am going to start a notion to get TVs out of cars.

There are so many better things to do than watch TV in a car, and take it from someone who gets more motion sick than not. Listen to music, have your friends make a new music mix before you go. It's a bonding experience, not only do you get to hear new music (and make that a rule, it has to be new music) but you get to hear what your friend listens to and hopefully get a better understanding of how they interpret music. Then, talk about the music, love the music. Worship the music.

Or you can draw pictures, create lists of books you want to read. Basically, do anything other than watching TV. I have a 13 inch TV that's four hours a way from me. After not having a TV in my room, I seriously don't think that I can ever have a TV in my room. I like the way my room looks without a TV and the fact that I don't have one. TV rots your brain anyway.

But that really was not the point of this post, at all in fact. I guess this deserves to be in the literary blog because it focuses around Fahrenheit 451. In the book, everyone watched mindless TV.

When I walk out and someone is watching TV and barely noticing anything around them, it sickens me to my core. Or worse, when someone walks past and I am doing the same thing...it makes me turn off the TV once I realize that I've done it and read a book.

Books are far better for your imagination than TV. TV shows and such spoil everything, they type cast people. The actors and actresses are about 10-15 pounds lighter than they should be and it makes every feel like fat lard asses.

While books on the other hand, give few details and maybe say "Oh, she's about 5 feet tall." But rarely, those details just aren't important in books. Plus, you can take a book anywhere you want.

OK. I'm just going to stop and post this how it is. I seriously don't even remember why I started.

Oh! Yea, I was thinking. Does it make me a hypocrite to love books and movies equally? Yet have a true and disdain hatred for TV? Sometimes I think it does, but most of the time I don't. One of the things I hate about TV is how quickly and illogically all the mysteries and plot twists are solved. I also hate how quickly things move. But in a movie, they tackle the same amount of drama that a book does, in an hour and 40 or so minutes. Is that enough of a difference to like movies and not be hypocritical?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home